Monday, December 30, 2013

Welcome to Live Healthy, Be Strong


I am a twenty-something women who loves living a happy, healthy lifestyle. In 2013, I found the fitness/health industry and it absolutely blew me away. I loved everything about it! I was so intrigued that I began researching and educating myself on what is healthy, not healthy, exercises, fads, false advertisements, etc.

My findings? These women in the fitness industry are hard core! These women are dedicated, hard-working, knowledgeable, and inspiring. No one is motivating them, no one is making them go to the gym or to eat right, they are pushing themselves. Seeing these women transform their bodies is truly inspiring. It made me completely change my lifestyle and I can't see myself ever going back!

I've seen so many of the fad diets or popular ways to eat, the shakes, cleanses, pills, etc. These are not the answers ladies! With the use of products, you may see results but they will only be temporary. You need to be able to make a 'lifestyle' change. While it may seem okay to track your calories and macros for a while, you don't want to be doing that the rest of your life do you? Also, you don't want to cut out all of the 'good foods' you once knew (candy, ice cream, pizza, wings, etc). You can still enjoy these items, just in moderation. If you restrict yourself from these items, you will binge.

Binge Eating Disorder, also known as BED, is an eating disorder in which a person eats a much larger amount of food in a shorter period of time than he or she normally would. During binge eating, the person also feels a loss of control. If you have experienced this, you are not alone - I too have been a victim. I would try to say 'no I can't have any candy/chips/etc' and then when I would, I would want to eat as much as I could because I didn't know when I could have it again. TIP: Don't restrict yourself. Eat a piece of candy a day if that will keep you sane and not binge. Also, don't tell yourself you can't have something - instead say 'I can have that, but I don't want it.' Your mind is a wonderful thing!

I will be using this blog in parallel with my facebook & Instagram. I will be sharing health and fitness related tips, motivation, and recipes. I hope you all enjoy. Don't forget to become a member to stay up-to-date!

No comments:

Post a Comment