Thursday, August 14, 2014

Chasing My Goal

Each and every day I push myself to be the best me I can be. This can mean a variety of things depending on the person. For me, I mean taking care of my body, mind, and health for optimal performance. Of course I hit the gym each and every morning, working to be better, faster, and stronger. Of course I eat healthy and track my macros to ensure I'm hitting my dietary requirements. But, it doesn't stop there. Your mind controls everything, so until you have control of your mind and your thoughts, you've still have work to do.

During my fitness journey, I have always aspired fitness models and competitors. They are strong, beautiful, and capable women who believe in themselves and work hard to achieve their goal/dream. That to me is a beautiful thing. Often times it's easy to make excuses. "I'm too tired." "I don't have enough time." "I will do it tomorrow." Instead of making excuses, try saying it's not a priority and see how fast your thoughts change. If it's important, you'll find a way.

I'm happy to say that I am finally in the right mindset to move forward with my goal of competing. I can't believe I can actually say that! I've read the post-show stories about the weight gain and the unexpected costs, but I've also read the success stories. While the cost is expensive and it will be a hard journey, I know each and every step will be worth it. The amount of dedication and strength (both mentally and physically) that I will gain will be awe-inspiring. I have no doubt in my mind that I will bring the best package I can to that stage in 2015.


Now, just #watchmework

No comments:

Post a Comment