Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Recipe: Healthy Chicken Enchilada Casserole

I've never been one to eat enchiladas because they are known to be full of fat and not very good for your waistline. I also wasn't a fan because of the things that they were typically filled with. Over the years, my taste buds have changed drastically and I have broadened the food that I eat. With that said, I love finding new ways to eat 'old favorites' or new recipes all together. 

I have came across many different recipes for enchiladas, but haven't been impressed by the ingredients and nutrition breakdown. The breakdown for this recipe is 388 calories - 32 carbs, 12 fat, and 32 protein. NOTE: This is for 4 servings, but it could easily be 5-6 servings. I prefer eating less, bigger meals. I was so pleased with this casserole and it is definitely going to be one of our regular dishes at home now. It's so easy, really good, filling, and it's healthy!



Ingredients
  • 2-3 cooked shredded chicken breasts, cooked (200g)
  • 1 cup Medium Enchilada Sauce
  • 1 cup Canned Corn
  • 1 cup Black Beans (reduced sodium)
  • 4 high fiber tortillas (I use Ole - Extreme Wellness Tortilla Wrap)
  • 1 cup Shredded Mild Cheddar Cheese
Instructions
  1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  2. Coat bottom of 8x8 or 9x13 pan with 1/4 cup enchilada sauce
  3. Place two tortillas on top of the sauce. If using a 8x8 pan, I suggest cutting the tortillas in half and putting the straight edges near the side of the pan. Top tortillas with 1/4 cup enchilada sauce.
  4. Layer the shredded chicken, corn, and beans next!
  5. Top layers with 3/4 cup of cheese.
  6. Top with remaining 2 tortillas.
  7. Coat the torillas with the remaining enchilada sauce. Finish with adding the rest of the cheese to the top!
  8. Cook for about 30 minutes.
  9. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment